Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick Disclosure and PBS Reminders


Oh, by the way; to fully comply with the new FTC guidelines I must inform you that my reviews on this site are in no way compensated. The books and CDs are bought with my own dwindling pocket money and the television programs are viewed (usually off my DVR) in my own time on my television. If I recieve any swag, I'll let you know. I doubt it, but I'll let you know.
Quick reminders about Masterpiece Classic: They are re-airing their spectacular Cranford starring Dame Judi Dench beginning December 20th and following that they will premiere their sequel, Return to Cranford. The first was impeccable, I eagerly look forward to the sequel.
This is followed by a new version of Jane Austen's Emma starring Romola Garai. I heard the first episode isn't great, but that it does pick up. This will be followed by a re-airing of 2007's Northanger Abbey and Persuasion.
New additions to the schedule for early spring: The 39 Steps, Sharpe's Challenge, Sharpe's Peril, The Diary of Anne Frank, and Small Island.
My favorite time of the PBS programming year.
Image courtesy of PBS.org

No comments:

Post a Comment