Monday, November 2, 2009

Place of Execution

Alright... so after writing about 2000 words for the innagural day of NaNoWriMo, I decided I would check out Materpiece Contemporary's latest offering and I'm very glad I did. This was only part one, so I look forward to the coming conclusion of the story. At first it seems a fairly straight forward story of an impassioned detective catching the murderer of a young girl. However, the story quickly develops with more layers of intrigue and ambiguity.
In modern day London, Catherine Heathcote, a divorced reporter with a troubled daughter, tries to make a documentary about the case of Alison Carter's murder. In her interview with George Bennett, the lead detective, she uncovers some unusual facts about the crime and the evidence used try Alison's stepfather (played by the adorable Greg Wise). The story is told largely through extended flashback scenes and has many great performances.
Check it out!

Current word count: 3018 ... about 6% there I believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment