Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Summer Reading Lists

It's never too early to start making your summer reading lists! By June, my list is usually so ambitious I never manage to get more than halfway through it. Here's what I've accumulated so far:
White Noise by Don DeLillo
Possession by A. Byatt
Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut
The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemmingway
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
as much of "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as possible
Villete by Charlotte Bronte
My Antonia by Willa Cather
As I Lay Dying by William Faukner

That's already a pretty fair list, and I should probably stop while it's still do-able, but I'm sure it will still grow. Most of the list represents friends and proffessors. Everyone keeps saying "Oh, you would love this book I just read..." and I dutifully add it to the list.
Most pleasure reading will temporarily stop the end of next week. I will be Script Frenzying.

No comments:

Post a Comment