Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 1: College Media Conference

I'm sitting in a hotel in Times Square after the first day of the College Media Conference. The Key Note speech of the day was delivered by Brian Stelter of the New York Times, a 24 year old journalist that started out as a media blogger. He was of the youngest people at the Times, living the dream of basically every student at the conferance- hired straightout of college to one of the most prestigious newspapers in existence.
After a few sessions, some of us went on an adventure and got some Thai food for dinner. I'm excited for tomorrow's session and another adventure in New York City. Not only is it a conference about college newspapers, but radio, television, and yearbooks as well. Some students are very job-hunting aggressive at these conferences, but I'm not at that point yet, mostly those that are graduating this spring are being proactive about this. So, I have some time before I start arriving here with my resume and portfolio.
More updates Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment