Thursday, January 20, 2011

Women's Studies Conference

My professor made me submit a research paper to an intercollegiate women's studies conference that's happening in February and it's actually been accepted- I received notification today.
It's exciting, but also somewhat worrying- I'll have the floor for fifteen minutes and I'll be possibly questioned by a panel. A plan of action must be developed, I must talk to my professor about tidying up the paper a bit more as well.
This is, in a way, an ironic turn of events. I've never fancied myself to be a scholarly writer, I don't see that being the direction I'll go in after college either, but I did like this paper (and apparently others see some merit in it as well). I also felt quite proud of the paper on Troilus and Cressida I wrote last semester- mostly I was proud of the fact that I worked in a little joke about iambic pentameter. My professor thought it was amusing at any rate.
So, I'm excited and a little anxious at this point. The conference will interfere with my Forensic Speech schedule unfortunately, but I'm not even going to worry about that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment