Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Tail End of Winter Break

The Spring semester starts in two days. I've enjoyed almost four weeks of *wild debauchery* that is now coming to an end.
By wild debauchery of course, I mean I've read several lovely books that weren't required for classes, I've had a few semi-spontaneous social interactions, made lip balm, consumed copious amounts of tea and toast, and I've accomplished a great deal of writing as well- none of which was class required. What can I say? I'm quite the delinquent. Honestly, I dread giving up the liberty to do what I want with my time for a somewhat rigorous schedule of classes, club meetings, and rehearsals.
I like having time to talk to my characters and nurture my stories.
My short story for the Jane Austen Made Me Do It contest isn't going as well as I'd hoped, unfortunately. I only have a few pages and I feel like it's not Austen enough. I actually scrapped my initial attempt and started over- but it still isn't hitting the note I want it to. It needs some work shopping.
All my textbooks have arrived, I am taking some interesting classes this semester at least. I'm also in a Tennessee Williams play- I adore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment