Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Etsy is Eating Away at My Life

...and I haven't even had a sale in over a month.
I was inducted into a team and have to do my required blogging for them. I like being on a team though, hopefully sales will pick up soon now that I am further networking.
Several new projects are in the works, but I have had time to get a ways into Possession by A.S Byatt. I tried it in the spring, but couldn't get into it. Maybe it is the slightest breath of autumn in the air that makes me in a better mindset, but I'm getting into it now. A.S. Byatt's use of language is beautiful, but the book is a bit of a collage of many different elements: letters, poems, fairy tales all add to the overall narrative. Sometimes I do find myself wishing the story would return to the primary narrative that I am interested in hearing more about.
And yes, I missed Teaser Tuesday... that makes this Woeful Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Possession, however I did begin to find all the poems and fairy tales a bit tedious. I think my favorite A.S. Byatt read is a tie between The Little Black Book of Stories and The Children's Book. The Children's Book is her newest book, it came out in 2009. It's a great piece of historical fiction, and I loved the occasional chapter of factual background that gave the book a firm place in the timeline.

    ReplyDelete