Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been off having a life. It's really nice actually, I should do it more often. I visited my brother and went to the city with some friends. We spent all day wandering about a museum. I got seperated from the group and was followed around by a rather relentless security guard for a while. What can I say, I must be irresistable in a floppy knit cap? Fortunately we were all reunited and the guard didn't bother me anymore.
Today I've been sorting through the masses of junk I seem to have accumlated in boxes in the back of my closet. I found some notebooks from my "essay phase" when I had been reading essayists like David Sedaris. Although not as brutally humorous as Sedaris, I experimented with the form of autobiographical essays. Some are not bad. That's when I realized that none of you (all 3 of you that is) have really heard any of my writing outside of my reviews. Next week I'm going to begin posting excerpts from stories, essays, even just bits of dialogue from things I've written but never shared with anyone else. Maybe get some feedback? I took a creative writing class once that consisted of us bringing in things we wrote outside of class and just sitting around reading them out loud and discussing them. It helped me alot. Made me realize that sharing it with others takes you to a level you cannot get to on your own.
I also started reading Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte while on the train the other day. So far I feel really drawn to Agnes and her plight. I'll be posting a review for it by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment