Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Have I Done???

Today I signed up for National Novel Writing Month.
50,000 words in 30 days.
"Thirty Days and Nights of Literary Abandon" the website promises.
I look at it this way, it will either be:
1. The push I need to sit down and really write out one of the new stories I've been think about for months, forcing me to focus and stop over-analyzing.
Or:
2. Be the final push towards madness, finally sending me over the edge and making me loathe English and all the hours I've spent studying it, finally conceeding that I should become a teacher or something equally depressing. (Note: I've had many great teachers, it's a noble proffession, just not for me).

Either way it's bound to be a crazy thirty days. Why couldn't they have picked a month with 31 days? I'm just glad they didn't pick February. Though in April they have a script-writing version of the challenge, which I intend on participating in if this challenge doesn't kill me. Check it out and join the insanity. I'll try and update my progress here occasionally, maybe it will encourage or discourage you from it for next year. We'll see.
For some reason I can't get the link to attach, so here's the address:
www.nanowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment