Friday, December 3, 2010

The Downside to Country Living

I killed a deer tonight... well possibly. I was taking the shortcut home tonight and a deer ran down the side of the hill and collided with the side of my bumper. I was a bit shaken up, so I went a few more yards, put on my hazard lights and checked out my car.
No blood, no dents, and looking up the road- no deer. Somehow it had survived our encounter and run off into the woods, I saw a the flick of its tail disappearing between the trees. However, I cannot help but worry that once the adrenaline wears off, the deer will feel the full effect of its injuries and perhaps not be out running hunters tomorrow.
My car, though from the outside looks relatively unscathed, is making a terrible rattling noise. Something was knocked loose by the impact.
We shall have to examine it further tomorrow, but I thought I'd share my little misadventure with you. This is the first deer I've ever hit, or more accurately, the first deer that has ever hit me. The suicidal thing did run straight into the side of my car. What a week it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment