Sunday, May 2, 2010

Masterpiece Mystery Preview

I am not a huge mystery fan. My grandmother would pour over the works of Agatha Christie and others, my mother would watch Murder, She Wrote every week, but it has never been my genre. However, I've been reading some of the classic Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes stories and find I'm enjoying it.
After the conclusion of Small Island last week I saw this trailer for the new season of Masterpiece Mystery.
Very curious... "a Sherlock Holmes for our times." What little information I could scrape together from a press release makes it sound as though it is Sherlock Holmes from Doyle's novels somehow brought to modern London. I can't even speculate. What I do know is this: Benedict Cumberbatch of Small Island is playing Holmes and Steven Moffat of Doctor Who is the head writer. So wibbley-wobbley timey-whimey events could very well be occuring. They don't have the new Holmes on their schedule yet, but they also promise a new Wallander mystery this season which isn't on the schedule yet either.
They are also featuring "Six by Agatha" from May 23th through July 25th with stories of Miss Marple and Poroit, some of her most beloved characters. I'll have to call my grandmother and let her know.
Foyle's War is tonight at nine on most stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment