Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Whirlwind of Theatre

Sorry my updates have been rather spaced out I'm in the midst of rehearsing several Tennessee Williams plays for performance next month while teching (and now performing) a production of The Vagina Monologues that our college is presenting. All the proceeds are going to a local women's shelter.
I'll, be honest, I was rather squeamish about the idea at first, but it's a really touching show that makes you realize how much women are still victimized around the world and in this country. I'm glad that I've been able to contribute.
Of course, due to the stress, lack of sleep, and fact that I've been living off sandwiches and iced tea, I'm now sick. That makes rehearsals and performances even more tiring.
I think Tennessee Williams has been inspiring me. I took a playwriting class a few years ago and was disappointed with my results. My play didn't become what I had envisioned by the time it needed to be presented in the play festival we held. I haven't really done anything in the way of writing for the stage since, but I've been thinking about it more lately. Maybe I'll give it a go during April's Script Frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment