Sunday, December 12, 2010

At Last

It has been one of the most incident crowded two weeks of my life, but things seem to be calming down now.
With classes finishing and (hopefully) no more rogue stomach viruses or dying relatives, my thoughts turn to my NaNo novel and it's sequels. I've mapped out enough for five books- the story I wrote will take the place of a sort of prequel to the series. I'm starting to write them but find I'm writing them out of order. I don't know if that's a problem, but so far it isn't. I have a new name for my main character as well: Victoria. I don't know if it will stick, she's hard to pin down, and it's totally different than the names I'd previously been working with, but I kind of like it.
The semester has gone by so quickly, but it's a relief to have a few weeks off and be able to start fresh in some new classes. Unfortunately my independent study didn't go through, but there will likely be other opportunities before I graduate. On the bright side, I had already started a bit of work on it and it has opened up my interest in an author I had never paid much attention to before.
I'll be back in a few days with some reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment