Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Help

I have been turning over an idea for an historical fiction piece based off the poetry of the Exeter book for months. I have a basic story idea, but every time I try and start work on it I feel really trapped by my ignorance. I mean there is not a lot of information about the 10th century abounding. I've found some basic "here's what type of clothing they wore" and "Vikings came and pillaged in typical Viking style," information, but I really need to know about daily life, the life of women, marriage. What did it feel like to live among them, go to battle with them?
So if anyone has good sources for information about the early Celtic people from this period; books, documentaries, articles, even historically accurate feature films- I would be most obliged. I would cite you in my dedication if it ever gets published.
Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment